Walter Danley, PKE MBA ‘79

Walter DanleyWalter recently published the mystery novel, The Tipping Point, available in paperback and for the Kindle. The first-time author offers an insider’s look into the rarified business of public real estate investment with a story that follows protagonists Garth Wainwright and Tom Shaw through intrigue involving murder, fraud, betrayal and romance.

Three partners of a successful, opulent corporation are murdered, and colleagues Wainright and Shaw are determined to prove the deaths are not merely accidental. High-stakes real estate ventures, insurance schemes, and office politics entrench this mystery firmly in the commercial monetary sector, covering a global playing field and lots of twists and turns.

tipping.pointOne reviewer praised, “”If you took Barbarians at the Gate and The Firm and blended them together with the best stories of Michael Crichton and John Sandford, then you’d get The Tipping Point by Walter Danley.”

“In business school, I wanted to honor Pepperdine with a scholarly work on the real estate syndication business I worked in for so many years. The fact that I didn’t begin the writing until two years ago may be why “The Tipping Point” is based on a few facts smothered in a lot of fiction,” Walter shared with the school’s official alumni LinkedIn group.

Now retired, Walter formerly serves as a chief financial officer and an investment executive.

Walter Danley, PKE MBA ‘79

Read About These Alumni:

One thought on “Walter Danley, PKE MBA ‘79

• October 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    Permalink

Several Pepperdine folks have read my mystery thriller, THE TIPPING POINT and been good enough to post a review for me at Amazon and Goodreads. I am proud to say that, considering that you cannot please all the people all the time, my reviews are 94% positive. Some questions asked of me can be answered at the website and blog: http://www.walterdanley.com. See you there!
    Walter