Viviana Arellano-Delgado, BSM ’09, MBA ’10

Viviana is now a board member for the Global Associate Program at Farmers Insurance (Zurich Financial Services). She joined Farmers as an associate in 2011.

The Global Associates Program is highly elite, annually recruiting only 80 talented graduates from around the world to enroll. Global associates gain experience in at least two countries while exploring the company’s core functions in the areas of claims, finance, information technology, risk engineering, and underwriting, among others. Recruits embark on a four-week training session in Zurich, Switzerland.

Viviana has spent three years as a recruitment coordinator for Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business and Management’s Fully Employed program. As a member of the Graziadio School’s recruitment department, she has been instrumental in developing business processes, developing and analyzing various recruitment strategies, and reaching out to prospective students to generate candidate interest.

Viviana also has previous work experience in the insurance sector, as well as Hispanic marketing.

Viviana has not only built her career at Pepperdine; she’s also a two-time graduate, receiving her bachelor of science in management in 2009, and later earning her MBA with a concentration in entrepreneurship in 2010.

Pepperdine’s education helped me develop my leadership skills, increase my professional network and most importantly, build strong friendships that will last a lifetime,” Viviana said. “Along with a solid education, I’ll be taking the confidence and values Pepperdine has instilled in me over the last four years to my next endeavor, and others to follow.

Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, Viviana moved to the United States in 2000. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband Jorge (MBA ’09).