Dwight Hanson, MBA ’07

In February, Dwight completed the first of a series of trips to Haiti to aid in earthquake relief efforts. Armed with his faith and experience in the Marines, he went to Haiti to bring material aid to a medical clinic as well as set up a base of operations for future teams who will be traveling to the country from his church, Mariners.

Mariners has been involved with many natural disasters over the years including Katrina, Peru and the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. Mariners partners with local community churches who are best able to determine the needs of those in the community.

The catastrophic magnitude 7.0 Mw earthquake on January 12 came about the time Dwight stepped down from his position as Western Regional Manager at Cummins Westport, who manufacture and sell alternative fuel engines for commercial transportation applications, such as trucks and buses. “Just before leaving I felt called to go to Haiti and try and help in any way I could. Even though I will be looking for a new job and new opportunities I still feel God has led me to go and help in any way I can,” he said.

To follow Mariners’ relief efforts and/or contribute donations in support of future trips by Dwight and others, visit: www.marinersoutreach.org/

Dwight Hanson, MBA ’07

One thought on “Dwight Hanson, MBA ’07

• Pingback:Recent Successes | Alumni Successes at the Graziadio School of Business and Management at Pepperdine University